Probate Court Procedure: Probate Procedures for Real Estate the Decedent Owned in Another Country

My father died a few weeks ago after a long battle with cancer. He lived in CA for most of his life but had a house in England which he inherited from his mother many years ago. I think the house is worth about US $300k. I have no idea how to deal with this house, can my CA attorneys deal with it? Do I need to get probate in the UK? Will I need to pay some UK taxes on this? Any help gratefully appreciated!

Tags: UK, England, Law, US, Estate Planning, Administration And Probate


February 11, 2019 at 8:58 AM Opening an Estate: California Father Had House in England
January 25, 2019 at 10:39 PM Wills: Does a Will Give Executor Power to Sale Real Estate
January 15, 2019 at 1:17 PM Guidance on Being a Trustee
January 15, 2019 at 1:17 PM Trust Administration: Responsibilities of a Trustee When Making Expenditures for the Beneficiary